18 March 2020

Symphony of Perception




I do not wish to tell stories,
I intend to envoke 
experiences.



To fuel my courage I used wonder. To take an idea and create this piece of reality from it was nerve-racking to me.
However, it still leaves me speechless how many potential impressions there could occur.

Images and the music can be combined by You as you please. This special human factor is essential. Who you are and what set of experiences, memories, and tastes you come here with becomes a unique filter. 

Every person that comes across my online installation has a chance to create not only to combine the elements in a unique way but also a guarantee of exclusive perception of it.

Dr Joe Dispenza says that we don’t see the world as it is. We see it as we are.

Mixing music, image and our perception of those is merely a metaphor. I’m illustrating situations appearing in our lives and our attitude towards them.
When it comes to events in reality, we most likely have no influence over them. The way we approach them - well, that’s the whole other story.

Winning a lottery can bring overwhelming gratitude into our hearts. Or fill our minds with worry about lifestyle inflation.

A puddle of dirty water can cover our overcoat courtesy of some careless driver. And we get angry and course their guts out or burst out laughing like a mad person.
It’s a choice. It’s always a choice.

I had two main reasons to invite you to take control of the soundtrack. One was just proving that you are indeed able to control this aspect. The other was to unblock the mechanism of using it consciously. Maybe even lay a foundation for such a habit?

Thank you for your time, attention and engagement.

All the best,

Michalina Marta Cap

And again the choice is yours.

If you wish to toss a coin to the artist here's my PayPal.Me and Patreon

If you wish to experience the installation again, the projection is here and the music here.


If you wish to share your thoughts and feelings with me or others head to the comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reel Poetry

What if my words, the acts of capturing images and putting those together became fun again? Without the heavy weight of professional standar...